- Arrowroot powder comes from Maranta arundinacea or Zamia integrifolia and was used to treat the injury from poisoned arrows.
- Arrowroot powder is naturally gluten-free and is a rich source of carbohydrates, B vitamins, and minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, and phosphorus with trace amounts of zinc, iron, and vitamin B1 and B6.
- It's perfect for thickening sauces and gravies and it thickens at a lower temperature than flour or other thickening agents.
- Should be stored in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Good for 3-4 years.
So many uses!
- Thicken glazes, fruit pie fillings, and puddings
- Prevents ice crystals from forming in ice cream
- Dry shampoo
- Can be used as a base in cosmetic foundations or to lighten loose powder foundations
- Common ingredient in homemade deodorant
- Ingredient in homemade face masks (great for acne)
- Baby powder alternative