- Thoughtful Human seed paper cards aren't just sustainable...they're honest and open about dynamic relationships and challenging circumstances.
- These seeds are all non-GMO and also tested by a 3rd party lab to ensure they are free of noxious weeds.
- Made with plantable seed paper that is 100% post-consumer recycled materials collected from schools and businesses (no trees harmed in the making!).
- Printed with water-based inks (~80%) with the remainder of the ink as pigments which are tested by a 3rd party lab to ensure they do not leave harmful residues in the soil.
- Each card is on seed paper and can be planted after it has been gifted.
Each card includes:
- Bird's Eye - Annual
- Clarkia - Annual
- Black Eyed Susan - Perennial
- Catchfly - Annual
- Snapdragon - Annual
- Sweet Alyssum - Annual
What you’ll need: a pot or planter bed, potting soil, your plantable card, water, a sunny corner.
1. PREPARE YOUR POT (SKIP TO #2 IF USING A PLANTER BED)
fill your pot 2/3 full with good potting soil — firmly full, but not packed. the pot can be placed indoors or outside, but keep in mind the temperature and conditions (we don't recommend planting outside if it's blizzarding or desert-hot!).
2. PLANT YOUR PAPER take your plantable paper and place it on the soil in your pot or planter bed. if you have room you can lay the whole card flat. if not, you can tear it in half or into smaller pieces to fit the space (note: it's okay if the paper overlaps!). spread a 1/8 inch layer of soil over the top of the the paper and gently press down.
3. WATER DURING GERMINATION after planting, give your pot a good soak. you want the paper and the soil to be nicely damp (but not swimming in water!). during the first 10 days, keep the paper moist at all times. (the water is necessary for germination.)
4. CONTINUED GERMINATION once sprouts appear, continue to keep the paper moist, but be careful not to overwater. once sturdy plants appear, water as needed.